Greece Professional Learning Center Library Catalog
This library of books is organized around:
Knowledge of Students and Student Learning
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Social Emotional Learning
- High Expectations for All Student Achievement
Knowledge of Content and Instructional Planning
- Active Learning Strategies
- Instructional Technology
- Essential Questions
- Facilitation Techniques
- Instructional Strategies
- Student Engagement
Assessment for Student Learning
- Data Analysis
- Examining Student Work
- Formative Assessment
- Summative Assessment
Professional Responsibilities and Collaboration
- Family & Community Engagement
- Mentoring & Coaching
- New Teacher Programs
- Collaborative Relationships
- Student Record Keeping
- Personal & Professional Attributes
- Change Cycle
- Personal Growth
- Cycle of Continuous Improvement
- Classroom Systems & Routines
- Stress Reduction & Mindfulness
- Time Management
- Restorative Practices
You can also search by author, title or publisher. All of our library resources are integrated into your school library Destiny system. To check out materials, please click this link to the Destiny Library. Then click on the Professional Learning Center. Click in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Your user name and password is the same as your district log-in.
All media is sorted alphabetically by title. To view our loan policy or to request to borrow materials, click on the title you would like to borrow. Your requests will be sent to you via the interoffice mail, unless you type in the notes section that you will pick the item up.
Greece Public Schools, Greece Private Schools, Greece Pre-Schools and Greece Daycare Centers only.
How to Access your Greece Professional Learning Center Virtual Reference Library
As a Greece Central employee, you have access to books that you can download to a computer or an e-reader and read and listen to. You can type in a topic like feedback and the search will create a list of all the resources on feedback in the form of chapters in books or sections of books or maybe an entire book. You can save searches to your own library. Or, you can download a whole book and read the entire book. *This e-library collection is provided at no cost to GCSD employees with funding from the New York State Teacher Centers.
1. Go to Gale Virtual Reference Library
2. To Log-in click on the sign-in with Google and then sign in with your Greece Google account.
3. The blue View All button will show you all the book covers in our collection. The video linked here will walk you through all the ways you might want to use this Professional Library.