What is the PLC
The Professional Learning Center exists for the purposes of providing professional growth opportunities for the teachers and other school staff so that they may expand their knowledge about educating children and enhance their skills and classroom practices. Our center strongly believes that the outstanding student achievement is tied to a teaching staff that is well educated, professionally current and innovative. Click here for information on the standards for professional learning.
The Greece Professional Learning Center offers a wide variety of programs, services and partnerships. Professional learning opportunities include a multi-year New Teacher Induction Program, Mentor Program, Shadow Day, professional learning communities, study groups, collegial circles and professional learning days. Please go to Frontline Education Tab (formerly known as MyLearningPlan) for a complete current listing of all of our professional learning offerings. We offer over 600 choices in professional learning annually.
The Professional Learning Center works in collaboration with a variety of organizations throughout New York State, including the New York State Department of Education. To learn more about our partners, including information on upcoming professional learning opportunities, please click on any of the following links.
PLC Guiding Principles
Our professional learning program will build skills and capacities for improvement through comprehensive and ongoing professional learning activities which focus on the schools’ and District’s goals for improvement. Sound and practical professional learning programs are a link to establishing good instructional practices that enhance the knowledge of curriculum content and design.
Professional Learning will:
- be grounded in knowledge and research about teaching and learning;
- provide opportunities to explore, question, and debate in order to integrate new ideas into classroom practice;
- provide a common language around best educational practices for collegial dialogue within and across disciplines;
- be accessible and inclusive to all staff and be seen as an integral part of daily practice;
- stimulate and support site-based initiatives;
- provide for sufficient time and follow-up support for staff to master new content and strategies;
- draw on the expertise of staff and take into account the differing degrees of experience present in school settings;
- ensure participation to remain current in the field;
- increase the likelihood that learning needs of students are met;
- align with the District Strategic Plan and New York State Standards and assessments;
- be job embedded, continuous, and sustained;
- be provided for each stage of the educator's career and at the appropriate levels: awareness, basic, advanced, and follow-up.
Contact the PLC
Marguerite Dimgba, Director
Peggy Donlon, Assistant to the Director
Our temporary location for the 2020-21 school year is:
200 Alcott Road (Door 3)
Rochester, NY 14626
Phone: (585) 966-2130
Fax: (585) 581-8375
Hours of Operation:
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. weekdays
(closed from 12-1 p.m. daily)
Summer Office Hours (beginning July 6th):
7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. weekdays (closed from 12-1 p.m. daily)